Baby food stages can be confusing for lot of moms. There are 3 different stages and steps that you have to follow when you’re a new mom. Why is this confusion? Because each baby food company has uses different labels. According to the American Academy of Pediatrics there are 2 rules apply:
Always begin with stage 1 foods that are made for beginners. Don’t offer your baby toddler foods because they usually contain chunks, only when he/she is an experienced eater try with toddler food.
Free Gerber Baby Food Coupons – get them today >>
Baby food stages for 4-6 month babies:
- Beech-Nut Naturals Stage 1
- Earth’s Best 1st Beginner Foods
- Gerber 1st Foods
- Heinz Step 1 Beginner Foods
These baby food always include single ingredient foods i.e.: rice cereal, and pureed fruits and vegetables which are prefect for you baby.
Baby food stages for 7-8 month babies:
When your baby is 7-8 month old you can start with Stage 2 baby food which also contain single ingredient foods and a combination of strained food (not pureed).
- Beech-Nut Naturals Stage 2 Apples & Bananas
- Gerber 2nd Foods Garden Vegetables
- Heinz Strained Vegetables
- Earth’s Best Corn and Butternut Squash.
also helps them how to chew.
- Beech-Nut Naturals Stage 3 Chicken Lasagna
- Gerber 3rd Foods Broccoli & Carrots with Cheese
- Heinz Vegetables Beef & Spaghetti (Junior Foods)
- Earth’s Best Chunky Orchard Fruit (Chunky Blend)
You can also continue to buy food at the store like:
- Beech-Nut Naturals Table Time Peach Dices In White Grape Juice From Concentrate
- Heinz Step 4 Toddler Cuisine Chicken & Stars with Vegetables & Gravy
and they reach certain stages in different time. If you are confused talk to your pediatrician.